Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last night's run and a need to swim more...

Last night's run was a blast, and a pretty nice butt kicking all at the same time.

Warm-up and drills
3 sets of the following - 3min 10k pace, 2min 5k pace, 1 min all out with a very short rest between each.
Warm-down

... but here's the thing... we went way faster than we should have for all of the suggested paces. It was invigorating. Something about doing that work in a group setting with people you know and respect makes it hurt less and able to push myself harder. We were hauling butt for pretty much every iteration.

I've got to get a plan together to get in the water more often... seriously. My 'fall back on previous experience' plan had awesome results last year, but I know I can go faster. Maybe I'll get back to pinballing around in the pool with T3 soon... or maybe the quarry will warm up beyond 55F :)

Went to Vivo (Austin Tex-Mex restaurant) and Juan in a Million this past week... both were pretty good stuff. I can vouch for the fajita tacos at Vivo, and the migas plate was enormous at Juan. Mmmmm... migas...

No comments:

Those who want to 'See Tom Tri' :)