Friday, January 2, 2009

The Rev and Texas weather


Hope y'all had a rockin new years eve. Michelle and I went to see one of my favorite bands, the Reverand Horton Heat at La Zona Rosa. Rockabilly just seems more fun in Texas. I always love his shows; there's such a wild variety of people that show up to see the rev. As expected, they put on a great show, and we were also lucky enough to be smack dab in the middle of the sea of balloons the club dropped on the crowd to celebrate the passing from 2008 to 2009 at midnight. Cool.

Hope everyone got a chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful morning! Got in a relaxed 5k with Michelle and Stathi this morning, followed up by a brief swim at the springs. Wow, was i a complete train wreck in the water for that first length :)

As I see it now, I'm carrying a lot of the results from all of 2008's hard work into the beginning of 2009, and I'm fired up about it. Still working to get my head around starting up the hard sessions again - especially the track and hill work - but the hard sessions were some of the most productive. Time to become best friends with dietary discipline and structured life again :) And just when I found out about the $6 pizza deal at Little Caesars...

No comments:

Those who want to 'See Tom Tri' :)